The vast Lands Between from the Game of the Year Elden Ring have been recreated in Super Mario World SNES style, and fans of both games are delighted.
Elden Ring‘s Lands Between have been reimagined in Super Mario World SNES fashion. FromSoftware’s latest RPG reached massive success this year, bringing a distinguished open world take to FromSoftware’s famous Soulslike formula. Among the Lands Between there is intricate lore that the player must spend hours upon hours fighting and exploring to discover.
A talented Elden Ring and Super Mario fan has created a surprisingly adorable map of the complex Lands Between in the Super Mario World SNES style. From Elden Ring‘s Erdtree in the Lands Between to Mt. Gelmir and Caelid, Sometime Tomorrow Studio included each landmark and location utilizing Super Mario World sprites (via Thrillhouse Gaming). Some in the replies were quick to notice that the Erdtree, minor Erdtrees, and Miquella’s Haligtree were all represented by the Mario hills with eyes, and that the Super Mario switch palaces became Elden Ring‘s Great Towers. Fans praised Sometime Tomorrow Studio’s Super Mario World Lands Between, coining it with the title “Super Elden Ring.”
Elden Ring And Super Mario Have More In Common Than One Might Think
Some stated that they would not be against a Super Mario-inspired map mod for FromSoftware’s title, and that it might even make exploring a bit easier. While a recent Super Mario fan-game starring Chris Pratt is the closest the franchise has gotten to realism in the games, Twitter users compared Elden Ring to the infamous hacked Kaizo Mario levels. These fans suggested that an Elden Ring version of a Kaizo map should be created next. The connection is not far-fetched, especially since both Kaizo and Elden Ring are most renowned for their difficulty.
The Lands Between in the reimagined SNES map seem much smaller and more simplified compared to the original Elden Ring map. The open world in FromSoftware’s RPG is famously immense, with each area of the vast Lands Between revealing a vast array of secrets as the player explores it. That said, Elden Ring is still growing, with the recently released Elden Ring Colosseum DLC update rumored to be the first of many expansions. Although the Lands Between is already large and complex, further DLC expansions could make the game even more massive.
Elden Ring‘s complexity, difficulty, and rich lore, beginning long before the introduction of the Erdtree and the player’s appearance as the Tarnished, has led it to become one of the most successful Soulslike games. Ultimately, this has led to FromSoftware’s Elden Ring earning multiple awards at TGA, most notably the title of 2022’s Game of the Year. While Soulsborne games have always been popular, Elden Ring has gone above and beyond in terms of popularity. It’s no wonder the RPG has received this much esteem, especially with GOTY winner Elden Ring‘s director working alongside GRRM.
More: Elden Ring: The Best PvP Builds for Duel Mode
- Original Release Date:
- Action, RPG
- PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Steam, Microsoft Windows
- Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Online Co-Op, Online Multiplayer
- Elden Ring is the next major game released by From Software, creators of games such as Armored Core, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne. Players assume the role of a Tarnished, a being once exiled to the Lands Between and has returned to repair the Elden Ring after the events of “The Shattering.” “The Shattering” occurred when the offspring of Queen Marika battled to claim the shards of the Elden Ring, known as Great Runes. Their war has brought lawlessness, destruction, and chaos to the land, and the player will challenge them with the assistance of a Maiden known as Melina as they travel towards the great Erd Tree to face their destiny and to become the one true Elden Lord. Players can tackle the game how they choose and can adventure across realms as they build their character how they want – be it a powerful magic caster or a brutal swordsman – they will have complete control over their build. Elden Ring is the company’s most successful “Souls” game and is expected to release DLC in the future.
- PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X and Series S, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
- FromSoftware Inc., BNE Entertainment, Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
- Release Date :
- February 25, 2022
- Single-player, Multiplayer