To catch the elusive Rotom, players must journey to specific habitats in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet and search near electric appliances.
The Electric/Ghost-type Pokémon Rotom is one of the 400 Pokémon making an appearance in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, with players now able to catch one of the franchise’s oddest pocket monsters. Rotom can possess a variety of electrical appliances, giving it the ability to change between a variety of different types and learn some of the series’ most hard-hitting moves. Unfortunately, Rotom is a rare sight in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, but luckily for Trainers, Rotom can be found in multiple locations across the Paldea region.
While some fan-favorite Pokémon still call Paldea home, the franchise now features a grand total of 1008 different Pokémon species, not all of whom have made it into Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. Luckily, Rotom appears to have made the cut because player characters carry the Rotom Phone, a smartphone possessed by a Rotom, as a crucial part of their kit. However, according to Serebii, Trainers looking to add Rotom to their Pokémon parties should journey to East Province Area Two or West Province Area Two.
Where To Find And Catch Rotom In Pokémon Scarlet And Violet
Ghost-type Pokémon such as Sinistea can be somewhat elusive, and Rotom is no different. To catch Rotom, players should set their sights on the areas around the Porto Marinada Lighthouse and the Levincia Lighthouse, two of Paldea’s lighthouses that can be visited in the West Province and East Province, respectively. Given Rotom’s fondness for electrical appliances and light bulbs, it’s perhaps no surprise that players can find wild Rotom in both locations. Luckily, unlike in previous games, players can now see what wild Pokémon are currently inhabiting the areas they’re exploring, so Rotom is much easier to spot.
As a Pokémon without any known evolved forms, Rotom isn’t particularly strong when found in the wild. As such, players will want to have some of the best Pokémon and moves for catching Pokémon. Rotom’s unique ability allows it to change types by possessing a variety of appliances. In Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, Rotom can keep the following:
- An oven to become the Electric-/Fire-type Heat Rotom,
- A washing machine to become the Electric-/Water-type Wash Rotom,
- A fridge to become the Electric-/Ice-type Frost Rotom,
- A fan to become the Electric-/Flying-type Fan Rotom,
- A lawnmower to become the Electric-/Grass-type Mow Rotom.
It’s worth noting that despite being an Electric-type Pokémon, Rotom is actually immune to Ground-type moves due to its Levitate ability, addressing one of the Electric type’s most glaring weaknesses. In addition, its secondary Ghost type gives it immunity against Normal and Fighting-type moves. As such, Rotom makes for a great addition to player teams, allowing Pokémon Trainers to field a powerful Electric-type Pokémon with few obvious weaknesses as they progress through Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s three storylines.
More: Pokémon Scarlet & Violet: How To Find (& Catch) Ditto
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
- Original Release Date:
- Game Freak
- RPG, Adventure, Action
- Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo, The Pokemon Company
- Pokemon returns in its next installment series: Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Now set in a fictional locale based around Mediterranean Spain, players will traverse the land of Paldea as they continue catching the series’ classic and new Pokemon. New to this entry are unique Pokemon that can transform into vehicles, allowing players to traverse the world through new means- which helps with Scarlet and Violet’s new open-world approach. Players can tackle gym battles in any order they wish, with foes scaling to their level as they progress. Scarlet and Violet also introduce co-op exploration online and a new battle feature known as Terastallize.
- Online Co-Op, Online Multiplayer
- Pokémon Sword and Shield
- Single Player, Multiplayer